Every parent or carer automatically becomes a member of the Friends of Manor whilst their children are at the school. After all we all have one thing in common… our children, so let’s work together to provide the added extras that help to make our children’s time at Manor fantastic.
Your level of involvement is entirely up to you but if everyone volunteered just a little bit of time, the activities and events that the Friends of Manor organise could run effortlessly. Taking an active part is a great way to get to know other parents, the teachers and the school. Everyone’s contribution’s and comments are valued and everyone is welcome to come to the meetings or help out with activities and events. We are always looking for more help and fresh ideas.
The Friends of Manor are a registered charity (1027355) and as such, we are always looking for different opportunities to raise funds. Our aims are:
• To be efficient and effective
• To ensure demands made on members, parents and staff are reasonable
• To raise as much money as possible for reasonable effort
• To constantly explore methods of raising much needed funds for the school with minimal effort
• To share the workload in fund raising events and work as a team
• To support and promote the values of the school
• To put health and safety first
• To provide a wide variety of experiences
• To ensure everyone’s contribution is valued
For years we have run successful events which include:
• The Christmas Fair
• The Summer Fair
• Hot Cross Bun Tea
• Easter Egg Hunt
• Film Night
• The Big Breakfast
Friends of Manor Mission Statement
The Friends of Manor work in partnership with the school to make it a better place for our children. This is where home and school can work together to foster and support the welfare of our children, thus enhancing their learning experiences by funding projects to support their enrichment.
Friends of Manor Committee 2017/18
The Friends of Manor are managed by a committee who are elected each year at its Annual General Meeting which is normally held in September. Committee meetings are held during each school term.
The committee for 2017/18 are:
Chair Jane Hooper
Vice Chair Mandy May
Treasurer Tracey Adams
Secretary Sarah Fearon